Friday, February 1, 2013

Out of the blue...


I surprised myself this week when I logged in Second Life and spent more than a few minutes standing around, wondering what to do with my pixel self. Lately, I either log out a few minutes later, or get to doing something else in my web browser and completely forget that I was even logged in. Or, I don't bother coming around at all. But this week, I logged in and actually like changed my av’s clothes, bought her some new things and left the safety of my lag free sky platform.

Motivation to spend more time in-world knocked on my door when my long time friend Chuk, asked me to help him with a makeover. It was great fun searching out items for his new and improved look which has inspired me to not only makeover myself, but my virtual world home too. FYI, Belleza still has the best male skins in SL, in my opinion.

I almost forgot about how easy it is to lose track of time when you’re immersed in the virtual world. This week I got a big reminder of that and today I am fighting off yawns in the office. Side note, I say immersed but I don’t expect that I will ever experience that in the same way as I did when I was a young avatar with Second Life wanderlust. Those were the good old days.

This month marks four years for Carrie in Second Life. In internet years, which is just like dog years, that's ages. So by that logic, I’m a SL oldbie. Don’t be fooled by my youthful appearance. It’s all smoke and pixels.

Another thing that is old is my graphics card. I can no longer take pictures (that meet my unreasonably high standards) of places to explore and share here. But I also can’t think of one good reason for me to not dust off this blog once in awhile and share some thoughts about virtual living. Can you?

After four years of an immersive and sometimes intense virtual life, I have come to realize that it is necessary to step back and take a nice long breather sometimes. The great part about this is coming back for a visit every now and again to catch up with friends and “family” who will always welcome me, as long as they are around. 

It’s just like going home.

 Home in Piper Point

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you didn't post SIM DEATHWATCH with that photo... would have made me wonder how much I had to drink last night.

    -ls/cm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL you got the wrong blog Mr. Mariner. I'm so offended. ;)

      Delete