Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Landscape Photography is my Second Life Passion

I’ve had this blog for almost three years.  When I started it, I thought it would be just a place to write about my adventures and misadventures in the virtual world.  I had no idea that it would evolve into mostly a travel blog of sorts, with opinions and personal posts here and there. That’s fine with me because a SL travel blog is an excellent excuse to keep on doing what I love most in Second Life – capturing virtual world landscapes to share here with you.


I never knew I had it in me to create anything visual and I think I might have fallen in love with SL landscape photography more than my first love, writing...

On second thought, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but it's pretty close!

I love the challenge of scouting inworld locations, exploring the terrain, playing with windlight and finding the best angle that gives the perception of depth to a shot.  I want to create images that will make the viewer want to step into the scene and explore.  I hope that comes across in my photos.

One thing I am not great at is taking shots where my avatar is the focal point in the picture.  I’m not great at poses and props because I hate tinkering with them, and figuring out how to use the fancy pose huds is a huge pain in the ass. But then, I once felt the same about windlight settings and I eventually figured that out.  So there is hope for me yet.

I am always willing to improve and learn new things, which is one of the reasons why I am really excited about Whiskey’s and Botgirl’s new Single Frame Stories challenge.  This challenge gives me good reason to step out of my comfort zone, try something different and learn something new.

Botgirl and Whiskey have been doing their own Single Frame Stories(Botgirl's Visual Tweets and Whiskey's My Tweets as Pictures series) for awhile now and have created some amazing images on their blogs.  Go check them out if you haven’t already.

I have no idea if I am going to suck at it or not, but that has never stopped me before from trying something new and I'm willing to give it a go.  I hope you are willing too!

Have a great day! :)

"Sometimes size does matter. What's the size of your footprint?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment