Monday, June 18, 2012

SL9B: Let's get this party started!

So today is the big day.  The Second Life 9th Birthday celebrations are about to get started!

I’m pretty excited about it this year, mostly because it’s the first birthday celebration that has been planned and run solely by SL residents without any help from LL.  Yeah, it kind of sucked when LL announced that they weren’t going to do the big birthday bash this year, but I think it was a blessing in disguise.  The event organizers and community members themselves pulled it all together in a very short period of time, and I think it’s going to be the best birthday celebration ever.

The SL9B Main Stage (Lotus Stage)

I took a tour around the SL9B sims this weekend.  There are a lot of cool and interesting things to see and do.  I took a lot of pictures and I was a little overwhelmed as to which ones to start sharing here.  I decided to start with the shots of the five event stages to give you an idea of the amazing creations that are waiting for you to discover them.  Throughout the week, I’ll share some snapshots of the different builds to see. 

The Lake Stage(all mesh)

Before you get to the party, please go read this very informative blog post about the dreaded lag monster.  The post contains some very helpful tips to reduce your contribution to lag on the sims and dealing with it from your end.  Please go read it.

You will also find the full performance for SL9B on the blog as well.

The Sunken Stage(underwater)

When you arrive at the Welcome Hub, be sure to grab a SL9B Teleport HUD.  The HUD makes it very easy to TP to all the main event stages you see here, as well the rest of the sims to view the various builds and activities.  If you can't find the box to get the free HUD, you can get one from one of the greeters.  I signed up to be a greeter this year, so you just might see me hanging out to welcome you to the celebration.

The Egypt Stage

Needless to say, there is a lot to see in the coming week.  My suggestion is to visit one sim at a time, and don't expect to see everything in just one visit.  Check the events schedule for performances at each of these stages pictured here, and then maybe roam around the area to explore. 

The Cake Stage

I'm kind of in a bit of rush to get this blog post out today because I am at work, so if I have forgotten to mention any pertinent information, please let me know and I will come back to edit later.  

Lag at SL9B: How to deal with it

No comments:

Post a Comment