Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SL9B and Community in Second Life

Entrance to the Egypt sim at SL9B

Well I thought I would have more time this week to blog SL9B, but it's another busy week for me all around.


Last night, I spent about four hours welcoming people as they arrived at the SL9B Welcome Hub, which was fun and mentally exhausting at the same time.  I'd forgotten how much work it is to help newbies!  I'm not complaining though.  My time was well spent and I feel good about making a small contribution to the celebrations.  


Since the theme for this years birthday celebration is "Community", I thought it was appropriate to dig up a blog post I wrote two years ago about community in Second Life.  Also, I don't have a lot of time right now to sit down and write a thoughtful post on what community in SL means to me, so I'd like to invite you to click the link and read one of my old posts:


How to build *Community* in Second Life

Hopefully, if I can get my shit together this week, I will post some photos of builds that caught my eye. Let's hope I can get this done before the celebrations are over!

No comments:

Post a Comment