Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Addicted to RL, yet again...

Victoria Day weekend in May marks the start of the summer season here in Canada.  The long weekend also marks my sons' birthday.  He turned six last Thursday, but we celebrated yesterday at Canada's Wonderland.  


The first ride we got on was called the Xtreme Skyflyer, which is a bungee jump/skydiving simulation.  We dropped from about eight storeys down to the ground and then swung back and forth about six feet off the ground.  I was disappointed when we watched the video because my husbands iphone was slow and it missed the initial drop.  Also the quality is not great so I decided not to post it.  But it was fun! 


Leviathan is the new big roller coaster this year.  That first drop you see in this photo is on a 80 degree angle.  It's basically straight down.  It was FUCKING scary, and I LOVED it!


For about a second I thought of posting our ride photo, the one where we're screaming with our mouths wide open and the high speed winds are blowing our cheeks from side to side.  But I changed my mind.  That is just too embarrassing, as even I have my limits of what I will post here.  Besides, do you really want to see a close up pic of my tonsils?  No, I didn't think so.


Hey look!  Lag happens in RL too!  Waiting in line for two hours, kind of lag.  It sucked.  It was hot.  People tried to butt in front of us.  We almost gave up and said "to hell with it!".  But we stuck it out and it was totally worth the three minute and twenty eight second thrill ride.  I think.



The line ups were long, it was a little hot, and my feet are aching from walking around and standing in line all day, but that didn't stop us from having fun. 


That's my daughter and my mom jumping and being silly for the camera.  If you knew my mom, you would see that this picture is so her.  And, in case you ever wondered where I get my adventourous spirit from, it comes from my mom.  Totally.  


I'll be back to blogging SL relevant stuff this week.  I promise. :)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Emerald :))

      We had a lot of fun, but I'm paying for it today. My feet are still aching because I wore the wrong shoes, and something happened to my neck. I'm getting too old for this!

      Delete
  2. I love the way you write Carrie and your photos in and out of SL are awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete