Saturday, January 28, 2012

Comfortable habits are hard to break

I think I was in denial for a long time.  It is a habit I never thought I would pick up.  But tonight I decided to take control of it because it has taken over my SLife...


Yes, skyplatforming is a hard habit to break, but damn, I'm gonna do it.  As much as I love it up there where it's safe and I can more my camera around freely, it's no place to spend your SLife so I decided to quit tonight, cold turkey.  

It was kind of scary to leave my safe place, but I ventured out into the mountain in Edloe to the Listening Room to hear Marx spin some tunes.  And hey, it wasn't so bad after all.  Look at that, not one grey avatar in the room and everything rezzed:


I didn't have to point my camera to the floor so I could type, and I could even move my camera around pretty smoothly to take some pictures.   There were a few moments that my screen froze and I thought I was going to crash, but I made it through and had fun!


You know how it is, there is always that one robot that has had a little too much to drink, stumbling around the dance floor, but that didn't cramp my style.  I had a good time and got to hear some cool tunes.  

Happy night.

Seriously, I got a 'tune up' on my Macbook which seems to have made somewhat of a difference in SL performance.  It could also be the new update to the SL viewer too.  I still don't like the viewer set up, but for better performance, I could get used to it. 

Whatever it is, I hope it lasts because I miss having fun in SL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment