Thursday, December 8, 2011

A thousand shades of grey

I don't have a whole lot to say lately about Second Life.  A lot of times, I sit down in front of my laptop and start doing stuff in my web browser and completely forget that I logged in to SL.  I say that a lot don't I? 

I've been wrapped up in a lot of stuff going on in my life, mainly work and juggling that amongst being a mom of two young children with a husband that works long, long hours.  I'm used to keeping it all together on my own, that's just how it has always been.  I don't know any other way.  Sometimes people ask me how I do it.  Honestly, I never think about it, I just do what I have to do, go to sleep and get up the next day and do it again.  

I have little moments in my day that make it all okay.  The ritual morning text messages with my husband, chats over coffee with co-workers, a laugh here and there on my Twitter stream, Words with Friends, a good blog to read, offline i.m's that make me smile, lunching with friends, making fun of the latest celebrity faux pas, afternoon Earl Grey tea, a cat nap on the streetcar on my way home from work, picking up my kids from daycare with smiling faces, and petting Otis the neighbourhood porch cat on the way home...

Those are my constants (along with my living room being a perpetual mess) and my little bursts of colour in a daily routine that can easily become boring and uninspired - especially at this time of year.

It may seem dull with a thousand shades of grey, but if you stop here and there to have a look around, you'll see that grey is not such a bad colour after all. 

Enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment