Saturday, November 26, 2011

"The Water Keepers" - a faux painting

I like the idea of trees as guardians, or keepers of the earth and the elements.  Actually, I not only like that idea, it's how I see the world (see Indigenous Worldview....)


I purchased a sculpted canvas prim package and now if I can figure out how to texture it properly to create a digital faux painting on canvas, I'll have a nice wall hanging to give out for a holiday gift to my friends inworld.  


So far my efforts have come up short, but I still have time to figure it out.  Of course, I can always just use a simple prim which is easy to texture, but I like the look of the sculpted painters canvas.  It has softer edges and corners and looks more realistic I think.


Wish me luck :)




"The Water Keepers"

(this is not a place in Second Life, just some stuff I rezzed to make this image)

No comments:

Post a Comment