Thursday, October 13, 2011

I scream, you scream, we all scream for Art Screamers

I love the Art Screamers name, I couldn't help myself with this post title.  haha.


I've been trying for days to get to Art Screamers to explore the latest build on display, Through the Lens of Dreams by Madcow Cosmos and Lorin Tone.  I had good intentions to blog this earlier, but it was Thanksgiving and then I just lost track of the days while I was dilly dallying around SL.  


Anyway, I'm getting back on track and looking for cool places to explore to share here.  




Through the Lens of Dreams is a fun and unique art build to explore.  If you are like me and like to click, fly over and sit on everything, you will love it here.  The creative collaboration between Madcow and Lorin is truly unique to experience and you must see and click your way through this for yourself.  




From the notecard:



"Through the Lens of Dreams" is an exploration of the transformative nature of dreams, where each new setting may emerge from the last and seems continuous while we're experiencing them.  The only truly consistent part of a dream is the viewer, that's you.  Thus as you walk through the installation you help complete the piece, good work.  The piece is more a series of doodles that flow from each other than a single large composition so it seems somewhat sprawling and busy.  Just relax and enjoy your own little piece of the whole."




I'm not exactly sure why I chose such a grey windlight setting for these photos.  It is anything but grey here, it is bright and whimsical and colourful.  I think I chose it because I experience my own dreams as kind of vague and far away, yet there are certain things about them that really pop out and stick with me.  Somehow, this art installation kind of reminded me of that.  

But art is subjective and open to interpretation.  When you go visit, I am sure you will see something completely different.  


"Through the Lens of Dreams" is open for viewing at Art Screamers for approximately the next month.  

Take some time to really explore this full sim build.  It is a delightful art installation to experience and I guarantee, it will put a smile on your face.  



No comments:

Post a Comment