Tuesday, August 30, 2011

224 of 365: It's a girl!

Sometimes I go through phases where I feel like I am just logging into SL out of habit rather than a real desire to do anything productive, and my SLife just feels a little flat.  If you've been around SL long enough, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.


But these last few days I am all excited about SL again and it's all because of my new little bundle of meeroo joy.


I was almost ready to give up on my meeroos because I kept getting a whole lot of nothin' special nests.  I don't keep track of my breeding on spreadsheets like some do because I hate Excel with my life and I know next to nothing about breeding animals in SL or RL for that matter.  I just try to pair them up as thoughtfully as I can with my limited understanding of the meeroo genetics puzzle.  I thought I was a lost cause, but the other night, Sid and Nancy Meeroo gave me their first nest, which turned out to be a keeper...


Behold Paisley Meeroo...my new Caledonian/short tail meeroo.  To the untrained eye, she looks like a regular meeroo, but trust me, she's a rare one that is worth some $L's.




And from Sid and Nancy, who would have thought?


Actually, I'm quite happy about this because this time I put some time into researching genetic histories (and I possibly lost some brain cells in the process), and low and behold, I got a winner!


I can't wait to breed this baby for some more meeroo awesomeness :))

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carrie, that is soooo cool. I'm a complete idiot concerning my meeroos, but everytime they have a nest I too get all excited to see what comes out of it:-)
    But until now nothing special came out of it cause I'm really not busy with it, accept for hugging, holding, feeding them and answer oracle question;-) Maybe I too should get into it more, we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! it does start to make some sense, eventually. the genetics is still mostly a mystery to me, but it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete