Wednesday, May 18, 2011

158 of 365: Sometimes you just have to wing it

I think I mentioned somewhere here in the last few weeks that I was feeling low on inspiration for my 365 photos.  Part of that was not having enough time, being frustrated, and maybe even bored with my normal Photoshop routine - crop, blur, throw a frame on.  It gets repetitive after awhile.


I started looking at a lot of video tutorials, I got a book for Photoshop Elements, and both have been helpful.  However, I have found that I am happiest with my end results when I close the books, turn off the video tutorials and just wing it and try different things.  


Book smarts are good, but there is nothing that can replace the experience you gain in trying new things, taking chances, and seeing where it takes you.  


I trust that you all know me well enough by now to know that I'm not just talking about editing SL photos when I say that :))




Photo taken at Daytime Dreams in Second Life.  Scultpure is by Bryn Oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment