Tuesday, March 8, 2011

95 of 365: Sombre evening

I didn't know Sabrina Nightfire personally, but I certainly enjoyed her art work.  I was saddened to hear that she lost her battle against cancer earlier this week.  


I visited Bloom this evening, which features Sabrina's colourful and artistic creations.  






************************************************************************************

Lots of news of deaths in the last few weeks.

I arrived at work this morning and her desk was cleared.  It's ready and waiting for a new staff person to come and fill the emptiness.  It's still hard to believe that she's gone.

Digging through my desk drawers for Advil, I came across a birthday card my team gave me last fall.  I opened it up and a birthday message in her cheerful handwriting is right there on the top.  I had a cry at my desk before my colleagues started shuffling in at 9am.  I discreetly wiped my  tears and tried to carry on with my normal routine.  Busy work.  It keeps my mind occupied enough to not think about her. 

But grief emanates, and overcomes me when I'm not expecting it.  The memory of her pricks my eyes and salty tears well up. 

Here I go again crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment