Thursday, March 3, 2011

90 of 365: Office complaints and shopping at Tableau

I found a way around my 365 SL Photography Project...I never said it had to be 365 days in a row did I?

I'm kind of annoyed with work today. The stupid computer program we use to keep track of client files/reports/statistics and basically everything, is a piece of garbage. The system shows that I have 1/17 reports overdue. Yet when I go look at my percentage, it shows a big red 33% overdue. Since when does 1/17 make 33%? This pisses me off because it reflects badly on me, like I’m not doing my work. I’m going up to IT soon to try and solve this mystery because if our system is off, way off, our quarterly reports that we submit to the government are off too, which could potentially affect our funding.  I'll be happy when it says 0% overdue reports.

It's such a stupid archaic program.  Up until about 6 or 7 years ago, we were still using the DOS version from like 1984 or whatever because the agency couldn't afford to purchase the new updated version.  What a piece of crap, and an expensive piece of crap at that.

I'm feeling feisty today.  I'll take that as a good sign.  My mojo is coming back.

Enough about my boring job.

I logged in last night for the first time in over a week. One week in SL feels like a month in real time.  It's like dog years.  I was kind of lost figuring out what to do with myself, so I stood around and went through a boatload of group notices, inventory offers and some i.m's. 

I stood around some more until I remembered reading somewhere in the blogosphere that Tableau was back up and open, so I tp'd over to check out the new theme.

I recall reading in a Tweet or Plurk that the original theme for Tableau was Southwestern.  That must have been before my time in SL, so it's all new to me.  I love it.

I wandered around checking things out and I think it looks great.  I'm not normally a big fan of sim surrounds, but I think the one they use at Tableau looks pretty good.  I've seen some sim surrounds that are mountains and sky and just don't look good at all.  This one is just mountains and imho is more pleasing to the eye. 


I spent most of my time exploring so I didn't get a chance to do any shopping at all the great shops at Tableau.  I'll be going back this evening because I'm due for some retail therapy, and my $L's are burning a hole in my pixel pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment