Tuesday, December 28, 2010

40 of 365: Thinking of warmer climates

At this time last year, my family and I were on a warm, sunny vacation in Costa Rica.  We went for 3.5 weeks and it was a memorable and adventurous vacation.  


I was going through our vacation photos and came across this one:



I remember that day so vividly when my two kids and I decided to hike to the waterfalls in the town we were staying at.  When I say hike, I mean like hardcore hiking, where you are practically scaling the sides of steep rocks.   I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to go for a hike to these waterfalls, just me and my eight year old daughter and three year old son.  My husband had to fix our car that day so I was on my own with the kids.  I've been going to Costa Rica in the winter for several years and the last time I did the waterfalls hike was before I got pregnant with my daughter.  I guess I was determined to share this beautiful little spot in paradise with my kids.  


It was hard work, and lots of sweat and some tears were shed, but we made it to the waterfalls with the help of a very nice American man we met on the trail.  He actually carried my son on his back a couple of times on the really difficult parts of the trail.  


The waterfall pictured above is part one of the falls.  Part two requires heavy duty scaling up the side of a steep cliff, where the trail takes you to a larger and even more beautiful waterfall.  I will save part two of the waterfalls for when my kids are teenagers.  


I'm really missing Costa Rica right about now, so I decided to go have a look at the Costa Rica Sims in SL.  Direct link to the Costa Rica Sims welcome area here. Upon arrival, you will receive a notecard that contains a handy Taxi Hud so you can easily TP around the sim.  There's a lot to see.  It's a really well done and realistic virtual representation of Costa Rica in SL, I highly recommend a visit.  Of course, if you can get to Costa Rica in RL, even better.  


I miss the dry heat of the pacific coast of Costa Rica and the white sand beaches.  I'm hoping that next winter we'll be able to enjoy another memorable family vacation in paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment