Wednesday, December 1, 2010

17 of 365: SheBear: An avatar self portrait in two parts



In Indigenous cultures in North America (or Turtle Island as we call it), the Bear is known as the keeper of the dreamtime, entering it’s Dream Lodge each Fall to hibernate. It is in the Dream Lodge that the bear leaves our physical plane of existence to enter the spiritual realm, where everything is an infinite supply of pure energy and is our Source. After a long and deep slumber, the Bear reawakens in the Spring. The Bear represents solitude, introspection, rebirth and renewal.


I consider the Bear to be my personal Spirit Guide. She resides in me and is a source of comfort and strength. She is my connection to the earth and reminds me that all the answers I am looking for can be found within.



1 comment: