Sunday, November 28, 2010

13 of 365: I'm not exactly a winter person...

...and never have been, which may be weird because I am Canadian, and from Northern Ontario.  Growing up, when all my friends were excited about playing in the snow and enjoying winter sports, I was happy to stay indoors and retreat to my room to read a book and write in my journal.

I always thought that I should have been born in a tropical climate.  I wouldn't say that I have Seasonal Affective Disorder or anything like that.  I don't feel depressed during the winter, I just find that I need way more sleep and I prefer to stay home...where it is warm and cozy.  With that in mind, I guess it's no surprise that I have a special affinity for bears.  Perhaps I have my own way of hibernating through the winter.

I missed my photo for my 365 project yesterday because I fell asleep with my son at 9pm.  I was tucking him and I thought I was going to snuggle with him for a few minutes before going back downstairs to log in and take a photo.  I woke at at 7:45am this morning.  I seem to do that every once in awhile. 

I took a pretty winter photo at Clocktree Park this morning.  And to make up for yesterday's missed post, I'll be back later with another photo.  

Looking at this photo, winter doesn't look so bad at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment