Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I felt like my heart was going to jump out of my chest


I wasn't planning on it, but tonight I read two poems at the Lyrical Cafe Poetry Club.  You may remember that I wrote about my poetry and writing in this blog post.


Normally, the Tuesday poetry readings take place at 4pm slt.  However, tonight it started at 6pm slt (9pm my time) which worked out great for me because my kids are sound asleep by them.  So, no distractions, which meant I had no other excuses not to read, haha. 

My friend Ulrich was happy to hear that I was finally gonna get up there to read my poem that he so generously offered his constructive criticism on...weeks ago I might add.


I was feeling fine, until the host im'd me that I was up next.  OMG I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.   

Thank goodness I had Ulrich, Chestnut and Zha there to cheer me on and support me.  It meant a lot to me.


I'm not going to post any poems here tonight, but if you are a poetry fan, I would really enjoy your company at a spoken word event.

I would love to share some poetry with you.


2 comments: