Last week was quite an exciting week for me in SL. I've got all kinds of exciting things going on:
* I graduated from my modeling course at Opium Elite Fashion Academy - my graduation fashion show will be coming up soon, I'll post details when I have them
* I was offered to join the pool of models at Opium Elite Fashion Agency
* I was invited to be a contributor on the agency blog
* my "how to build community in SL" post was featured on New World Notes and as a result, I have had a ton of traffic on my blog and some new readers.
* a reader, Robward Antwerp, is making a sign/poster from said blog post and he's going to be sending it to me in-world when he's done. I'll be sure to post it here as well.
* and, my favourite part of my week...I attended the Avatar Repertory Theatre's production of Alice in WonderSland...more on that later.
Big week for me. It feels great to be getting recognition for my blog from other bloggers that I respect and admire. And I never expected to see my avatar's face on New World Notes! That was such a surprise! It made my whole weekend. And an added bonus - I love getting random i.m's in-world from people telling me how much they like my blog. It means a lot to me.
But don't worry, I'm not gonna let my 15 minutes of fame go to my head, I promise. I'm much to shy and humble for that...although if you happen to fly by my parcel, you might think that I've let all the attention go to my head...
(By the way, you can get that Olive peacock dress from Orage Creations for a mere $10L. A real bargain for this cute little number. And if you're interested you can read more about it at the Opium Elite Agency Blog).
And since I retextured my house by accident, I have no idea how I actually did it, so undoing it is beyond my capabilities. I think it might be a good time to look for a new house. I'm not sure if I can fit shopping for pre-fabs on my "sl to do list". But, if you have any suggestions of where I can get a nice low prim pre-fab, I'm all ears.
What else did I want to tell you about...
Oh ya, on Saturday I attended my first ever performance by the Avatar Repertory Theatre's production of Alice in WonderSland. It was awesome, I absolutely loved it. I'm amazed at the amount of talent and creativity we have in our SL community, and I really appreciate the amount of technical and creative effort that must have went into putting the production together. The costumes were amazing, the set design brilliant, the acting superb, and it was a real treat to see. And my favourite part about this performance is that my two children watched it with me. The play took place at our dinner time, and I really wanted to attend, so my solution to that dilemma was to order pizza and get my hubby to hook up my laptop to the big tv so we all could watch the play.
/me pats herself on the back for creative problem solving
I loved that because it reaffirms for me that SL is not just about all that negative stuff you hear about in the mainstream media. There is so much more than that. It's not that bad at all.
I don't know if there are going to be anymore performances of Alice in WonderSland, but if there are, I highly recommend you attend. if not, I'm sure there will many more performances of other plays to come.
Busy week. Not just in SL but in RL too...and speaking of RL, I'm off to play monster trucks and dress up with my kids before bedtime.
Bye for now!