Friday, June 18, 2010

BBBC Day 6: It's a wrap

If this is your first BBBC... What did you get out of your experience? Do you think it will change the way you blog in the future?


I would never last doing the 365 bloggers project. Just doing this 6 day Big Bad Bloggers Challenge felt like a challenge to me. Ya, I know, I'm a wuss. Kudos to all those bloggers who are now over halfway thru the 365 project. You guys amaze me.


But I made it to the end of the week and what I discovered is I don’t like blogging everyday. One reason is because it is time consuming. Another reason is because I run out of interesting things to blog about. Still, I think it’s good practice to write everyday, to perfect your craft. I’m just not sure if anyone wants to read my daily rambles.


But, even though I felt I was lacking in my own posts, I really enjoyed reading everyone else's blogs this week. I'm interested in people and their experiences, and when I read blogs, I feel like I'm getting to know the blogger. I hope people feel like they have gotten to know me from reading my blog.


In RL, I’m a bit of an introvert. I mostly prefer to keep to myself and I don’t open up so easily to others. Sometimes I worry that people think I’m a snob or will label me as being shy, which always seems to feel like a bad thing. I’ve always been able to express myself more freely and openly through the written word, so it’s my preferred method of self-expression. 


Will it change the way I blog in the future? I don’t know. It’s hard to say just now. I suppose time will tell. I’m the type of person who kind of has to let things steep in my head for a little while before I can gain any ideas or insights.  


One thing I did learn during the week is that I tend to over think blogging too much. The times when I have had an idea and felt really inspired, writing a post came easy. In fact, my most popular blog posts are the ones that I didn’t spend hours thinking about and rereading and editing. So I think that will definitely have some sort of impact on the way I blog.  


I'm glad I did the challenge, and it's been fun having topics to blog and to see what everyone comes up with. I'm looking forward to more blogger challenges in the future...although I make no promises that I will be able to participate due to time, but I have good intentions to give it a try.  

No comments:

Post a Comment