Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Soundtrack of my Second Life

Music plays a pretty big part in our Second Lives.  The right kind of music evokes all kinds of emotional responses in us, some good, some bad.  I hope it's mostly good feelings though.  Without music, I think SL would be.....well, I can't even imagine SL without music.  

So, when I started this blog, I knew I wanted to have a music element to it.  It took awhile for me to really get going on blogging consistently, so the music kind of took a backseat.  And when I finally got around to adding a music player, I wasn't really happy with it because it didn't fit properly anywhere on my blog except at the very bottom of the page.  I wanted people to have the choice of turning the music off if they felt like it, so having the player out of sight at the bottom of the page wasn't working for me.  

Then, a few days ago, I finally found a music player that I liked and it fit perfectly at the top of my gadget column.  And it has a choice of skins!  Woohoo!  I chose the ipod touch skin. :))



But, I still wasn't happy with the music I chose for my playlist.  I dunno, i liked the songs, but i just wasn't feeling it for this blog, know what i mean?  

Then today, i read this blog post which totally inspired me to add that particular song to my playlist.  Then, that led me to create a playlist of my favourite kick ass girl-power songs!  I felt totally inspired and i feel like this new playlist is totally representative of the part of me that breathes life into Carrie in SL.  

So there you have it, for your listening pleasure.  I'll probably change it up every now and again when the mood strikes me, or when i just get sick of the current playlist.  

Enjoy! 

p.s - feel free to turn the tunes off if it's not your thing.  :))


2 comments:

  1. Great choice of songs on the playlist. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u randie! i think i might add some new tunes...maybe even a new blog post, it's been awhile

    ReplyDelete